Credit to the AmeriCorps Alums blog for writing the story, but we want to share with our DC chapter too!
29 Things to Do On An Extra Day of Service
Leap year happens once every four years, which means there’s a whole 24 extra hours for you to do the things you’ve wanted to do during your Lifetime of Service!
Got that to-do list from 2009 that you never got a chance to finish? Wish you had more time to commit to service? Drawing a blank on what you can do first? No worries! We got the ideas for you.
Take advantage of February 29th by doing these 29 AmeriCorps Alums-related things while you have the extra time!
- Apply for the Eli Segal Entrepreneurship Award (Today’s the last day!)
- Register as an AmeriCorps Alum
- Join your local Alums chapter
- Write a Blog Post
- Register or Join an AmeriCorps Week Events
- Take a photo for AmeriCorps Works Here
- Join the AmeriCorps Week Career Panel Webinar
- File your taxes for free
- Become a Chapter Leader
- Upload your Resume to the Career Center
- Volunteer… duh!
- Sign Up for Early Bird Alums Registration for NCVS
- Pick up some great Alums gear to show your service pride!
- Catch up on all the Linsanity
- Read a book (or two)!
- If you’re in DC, join us for a Happy Hour for Good!
- Develop your leadership
- Predict Nicki Minaj’s next wig color
- Update your LinkedIn Profile
- Join Alums LinkedIn Group
- Listen to our February Professional Development Webinar with Paul Schmitz
- Nominate a youth for the Hasbro Community Action Hero Award
- Celebrate through Service for Black History Month
- Get your Right Leg trending like Angelina Jolie
- Go on a date!
- Read up on the Life After AmeriCorps Times
- Submit your BIG Idea for Scholastic’s Be Big Contest
- Reflect on your AMAZING AmeriCorps Service